- Was granted title of Licensed Professional Psychological Counselor in the U.S.A. in 2009.
- She conducted art therapy within scope of a volunteer program at pediatric oncology-hematology inpatient clinics of Okmeydanı SSK, Çapa and Cerrahpaşa Hospitals between 2010 and 2011.
- Designed, wrote the content of and instructed the volunteer projects called “Game is My Medicine” in 2013 and “Paint Your Life with Art” in 2016 – both supported by Istanbul Development Agency.
- Worked as a consultant and instructor in “Teacher, Hold My Hand” project performed by Istanbul Provincial Directorate of National Education in 2019.
- Continued the consultancy career for projects in the U.S. from 2017 to 2019.
- Established the “Happy Child Happy Family Program” to offer psychosocial support through art and games for children who are suffering from chronic diseases at hospitals.
- Member of the Art Therapy Association (SPD) since 2013. She was also member of the Board. She is now the Chairperson of the Board of Inspection.
- Provides foundations and associations with voluntary services such as The Hope Foundation for Children with Cancer (KAÇUV), Brighten a Life, Make a Wish.
- Principal areas of clinical interest:
- Individual and group therapies for children and families,
- Expressive therapies, art therapy, game therapy, narrative therapy,
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy,
- Anxiety, mourning,
- Physical trauma,
- Chronic diseases – pediatric cancers and organ transplantations,
- Palliative care and hospice,
- Voluntary nurture and supervision,
- Pet therapy.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
|Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling and Art Therapy
||2006 - 2008
|Sociology and Psychology (Double Majors)
||2001 - 2005
|Coordinator – Happy Child, Happy Family Programme
||Pediatrics Department, Koç University Hospital
||2019 - To date
||Department of Psychiatry, Koç University Hospital
||2015 - 2016
||Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic and IVF Center, American Hospital
||2011 - 2015
||Kosair Children's Hospital
||2009 - 2010