- His research focuses on hematopoietic growth factors in neuroprotection following experimental stroke, spinal cord injury, and traumatic brain injury.
- His research has been published in high-level academic journals including Stroke, Neuroscience, and the Journal of Neuroscience Research.
- Has authored or co-authored well over 70 papers and has 50 presentations and has more than 950 citations (h-index: 17).
- Has been awarded (including Prof. Raja Award for Young Neurosurgeon 2007, AACNS Young Neurosurgeon Award 2007) many times by different societies.
- Member of advisory board or reviewer of many scientific journals including Stroke, Experimental Neurology, Neurological Research, Acta Neurochirurgica, and Spine.
- President of IBNC and the Scientific Chairman of 2017 WFNS World Congress.
- Principal fields of clinical interest:
- Neurovascular Surgery and neuro-oncology.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
||Anadolu University, Management of Health Institutions
||2008 - 2011
|Post-doc Research Fellow
||Loma Linda University, LLUMC, Neuroscience Research Laboratories
||2005 - 2006
||Ankara Numune Research and Education Hospital
||1998 - 2004
||Osmangazi University, School of Medicine
||1990 - 1996
||American Hospital, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Istanbul
|Neurosurgeon and Academic Staff
||Koç University, Department of Neurosurgery
||2011 - To date
||Koç University, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Neuroscience Research Laboratories, Istanbul
||School of Medicine, Department of Basic Sciences, Loma Linda University, CA, USA
||Neurosurgeon, Ankara Ataturk Research and Education Hospital, Ankara
||2004 - 2011