Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of Koç University Hospital deals with diagnosis, treatment and supervision of critically ill pediatric patients, who are 28 days to 18 years old. Our unit has a capacity of 16 beds; two of the rooms allow droplet isolation and the remaining rooms are isolated, equipped with hepa filter and designed in line with patient needs. Each room is well-equipped for performing emergency surgical procedures, whenever needed. Our team adopts family-centered care and makes efforts to provide a suitable environment for parents in patient rooms.
Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit has all necessary cutting edge technological equipment. Primary services, treatments and procedures are as follows;
- Non-invasive and invasive respiratory support and therapies for acute respiratory failures
- Diagnosis and treatment of ARDS, high-frequency oscillation therapy and ECMO support
- Diagnosis and treatment of sepsis
- Postoperative monitoring for organ transplant patients
- Monitoring and treatment for pediatric patients requiring critical care after any kind of surgical procedures, particularly including pediatric surgeries and pediatric otolaryngologic surgeries
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypovolemic, septic, cardiogenic and obstructive (neurogenic and anaphylactic) shock.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute renal failure; dialysis and continuous renal replacement supportive therapies
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmia
- Diagnosis and treatment of poisoning
- Diagnosis and treatment of convulsion
- Respiratory problems secondary to neurometabolic diseases; ventilatory therapies
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases, care after cardiac surgery, ECMO support
- Treatment and follow-up of congenital metabolic diseases
- Extracorporeal life support (continuous venovenous hemodialysis, continuous hemofiltration, continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration, plasma Exchange, immunoadsorption); any kind of recent modern evidence-based therapy is available.