Diseases of the respiratory system are the most common cause of doctor visits among children. We recommend that persistent or recurring wheezing, cough and shortness of breath in children should not be ignored and children with such complaints are brought to a pediatric pulmonologist for assessment.
Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine Division focuses on acute or chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
Primary examples of these diseases are as follows:
- Recurrent wheezing
- Chronic cough
- Lower respiratory tract infections (Bronchiolitis, bronchitis, pneumonia)
- Congenital airway anomalies
- Lung diseases of premature infants
- Cystic fibrosis
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary involvement of systemic diseases
- Respiratory failure
- Pulmonary hemosiderosis
- Sleep disorders, snoring, obstructive sleep-apnea syndrome
- Aspiration of foreign body (hazelnut and sunflower seed etc.) into the respiratory tract.
Working in our department which has the most up-to-date equipment for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of pediatric pulmonary diseases, our physicians attach great importance to professional training and sharing information and experience along with the healthcare services. They organize symposiums and events
on their field of specialty frequently.
- 1st Aerodigestive Symposium / Friday 17th, 2019 / Koç University Hospital, jointly with Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck Surgery Department
- 2nd Aerodigestive Symposium / March 1st, 2020 / Koç University Hospital, jointly with Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck Surgery Department
- Care of Children with Tracheostomy, Training for Healthcare Professionals / September 14th-18th, 2020 / Rahmi M. Koç Advanced Interventional Medicine, Training and Simulation Center (RMK AIMES)
- Care of Children with Tracheostomy, Training for Families / October 27th, 2020 / Rahmi M. Koç Advanced Interventional Medicine, Training and Simulation Center (RMK AIMES)