Boasting a young and dynamic team that is strictly dedicated to codes of medical ethics, the Thoracic Surgery department of Koç University Hospital keeps track of the latest medical advancements for the purpose of making the most recent treatment practices available to patients. Our team also stand in the forefront when it comes to academic productivity, and contributes to various national and international scientific studies.
Features of the Thoracic Surgery Department
- Robotic and thoracoscopic cancer surgery
- Rapid diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer with the full support of the departments of radiology, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine
- Long-term precise follow-up in lung cancer
- Multidisciplinary cancer meetings for a multidisciplinary treatment approach aimed at thoracic malignancies
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of all diseases in collaboration with pulmonary medicine, medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, cardiovascular surgery, anesthesiology, general surgery and other branches
- Branches ready to contribute in all cases where a multidisciplinary approach is essential
- Support by the anesthesiology team in postoperative pain management
Service Subcategories of the Thoracic Surgery Department
The Thoracic Surgery Department of Koç University Hospital keeps close track of the most recent robotic, thoracoscopic and open surgical practices.