The Urology department of Koç University Hospital has been structured to include all relevant branches listed under this discipline. Specialists, each internationally recognized, constitute the Urology team, which is capable of performing treating uro-oncology, prostate, andrology, urinary system calculus, pediatric urology, functional urology, female urology and neuro-urology patients and performing reconstructive practices. The renal transplantation team operating under the Organ Transplantation department provides polyclinic services as well.
The Urology polyclinic is equipped with 6 examination rooms, two intervention and wound dressing rooms, a urodynamics-uroflowmetry and biopsy unit and one ultrasonography device. A meeting room for clinical evaluations and planning and a library are also integrated to the polyclinic area.
Keeping up-to-date with the latest advanced in the field, our physicians strive to deliver the most recent technologies and techniques to patients. In this regard, the department is a leading national center in its league. For instance, our department of Urology proudly continues to be the only urology nationwide center where Martini-Klinik’s NeuroSAFE technique and tumor navigation methods are practiced.
The most notable practices of advanced and outstanding technology at the department of Urology can be outlined as follows:
- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery in surgical treatment of uro-oncology patients (prostate cancer, renal cancer, bladder cancer and testicular cancer)
- Robotic neobladder reconstruction from the small intestine in cases of bladder cancer
- Robotic renal transplantation
- Laser surgery for treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia (holmium and greenlight laser)
- Suspension surgery for male and female urinary incontinence cases
- Artificial urinary sphincter for urinary incontinence that may result from prostate surgery
- Reconstruction for bladder-uterine prolapse through the vaginal route, uterus-sparing if possible
- All types of urethroplasty to address female and male urethral stricture
- Surgical treatment of fistulas emerging in bladder and proximal organs
- Surgical treatment of urethral diverticula in female patients
- All multidisciplinary treatment approaches required to address sexual dysphoria, including gender affirmative genital reconstruction procedures.